To Host and Provide 9 days of activations for the UAE’s largest consumer electronics show Gitex Shopper hosting 218,000 people, 279 million in sales and 35,000 product displays.
To organize interesting and cost effective activations for the Dubai World Trade Centre @ GITEX shopper.
Scope of work requirements:
- Conceptualize, create and manage interesting and interactive visitor activations every at GITEX
- Provide Live Entertainment including a MC/DJ everyday
- Develop a feature that will give visitors a chance to either win exciting prizes or grab discounted products at a selected time every day
- Coordinate all activations with DWTC timmings
- Create a buzz pre-show through some fun activities/competitions which should be linked to social media. We want to create something that would go viral
- Purpose of the activations is to provide visitors to the show with fun and interactive ways to win prizes and get the best deals. Change the concept whereby the visitor experience as a whole is enhanced
The Client – Dubai World Trade Centre
what we did
Emerald set out to create something unique, interactive and interesting for the DWTC and we certainly achieved it as we hosted GITEX 4 years running.
We laid forth a plan of activation ideas and fine tuned them to exactly what GITEX needed. Keeping the target audience engaged for 30 mins is a challenge, keeping them engaged for 10 hours a day for 9 days is indeed a huge undertaking that Emerald stepped up to the plate to produce in true Emerald style.
We had our staff working around the clock to ensure the smooth running of the event. We provided the full set up, graphics, props (including the large gameshow style fan ticket booth). We also took charge of the AV and provided our hostesses to manage the interactive and creative games we had materialized from concept to performance.
We had games of chance, skill challenges and full audience participation games to engage the large crowds gathering to see the hourly shows.
Timings were key to the success of the event, Emerald dealt with a huge array of prize giving and promotions all whilst remaining flexible and dynamic to ensure the World Trade Centre and its exhibitiors gained the maximum exposure.
Emerald Technology enhanced the show with the interactive games that the audience could participate with as a whole as well as managing the sound engineering, lighting and creating the digital content for the much enjoyed crowd video horse racing competition.
The show was a huge success and we dealt with over 210,000 visitors all of which enjoyed the interactive shows developed and executed by Emerald Events.